Using the Tower
To use the Tower in your game, follow these instructions.
- Make sure you have three AA batteries properly inserted into the bottom of the Tower.
- Before starting your game, remove all the seals from the Tower. This will ensure no skulls are left in the Tower from a previous game.
- Turn the Tower on using the switch on the bottom of the Tower.*
- Place the Tower upright in the center of the game board.
- The app will guide you through the remainder of setup after you press the “Start New Game” button.
*NOTE: The rulebook says the Tower levels will rotate after you turn it on. They will not. This happens during setup after you press the “Start New Game” button.
Handling: Use care when handling the Tower. It should not get damaged from ordinary use. However, it might get damaged by dropping it, getting it wet, placing foreign objects in it, or impeding the normal operation of the Tower levels.
Cleaning: Your Tower does not require regular maintenance. You can dust or gently clean the Tower using a damp cloth, but make sure not to drip water into the Tower.
Batteries: The Tower uses three AA batteries. Install batteries according to the diagram. Make sure that you only use 1.5V AA/L R6 size batteries and that they’re inserted correctly. You’ll get better results if you use new, fully charged batteries. Remove the batteries if you will not be using the Tower for an extended period of time, as it can lead to corrosion, which is basically corruption but for machines. Take care when removing the batteries – use your fingernail, or a non-metallic tool like a plastic guitar pick, lifting the positive ( +) side first. Never use anything sharp or metallic, as this might cause damage to the batteries, resulting in a short circuit or leakage.
Safety: The Tower has a system to shut down operation in the event something jams the level rotation. However, to avoid injury, you should not stick your fingers, hair, or other body parts in the Tower while the power is on. Be careful not to let your hair inadvertently dangle into any of the Tower openings.
Return to Dark Tower is by Restoration Games.